My Favorite Albums of 2011
Here are my favorite albums from the past year. Favorite doesn’t always necessarily mean “best” or most well-written based on the opinions of music critics. These are just the ones I particularly liked the most in 2011. These are the albums that will always remind me of this year and where I was and who I was with during it.
1. Fireworks - Gospel
2. I Am the Avalanche - Avalanche United
3. Portugal. The Man - In the Mountain In the Cloud
4. Saves the Day - Daybreak
5. The Vaccines - What Did You Expect from the Vaccines?
6. Funeral Party - Golden Age of Knowhere
7. Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
8. New Found Glory - Radiosurgery
9. The Horrible Crowes - Elsie
10. Grouplove - Never Trust a Happy Song
Punchline - “Coyotes in B Major” from Delightfully Pleased
The Ataris - “I Won’t Spend Another Night Alone” from Blue Skies, Broken Hearts…Next 12 Exits
Top 10 Albums of 2010
It was a good year for music, but I have a feeling 2011 is going to be even better. Either way, here are my top 10 favorite albums of 2010.
1. AM Taxi - We Don’t Stand a Chance
2. The Young Veins - Take a Vacation!
3. Hellogoodbye - Would It Kill You?
4. A Great Big Pile of Leaves - Have You Seen My Prefrontal Cortex?
5. Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life
6. Four Year Strong - Enemy of the World
7. You, Me, and Everyone We Know - Some Things Don’t Wash Out
8. Valencia - Dancing With a Ghost
9. Foxy Shazam - Foxy Shazam
10. Weezer - Hurley
Foxy Shazam - “Oh Lord” from Foxy Shazam
I can’t believe how good this song is.
Alkaline Trio - “You’ve Got So Far to Go” from Maybe I’ll Catch Fire
Bad Books - “You Wouldn’t Have to Ask” from Bad Books
Fall Out Boy - “(Coffee’s for Closers)” from Folie A Deux
I don’t care what anyone says about Fall Out Boy. This album is still one of my favorites of all time. I can’t believe it’s been two years since it came out.
“I’m a mascot for what you’ve become. I love the mayhem more than the love.”
Alkaline Trio - “Clavicle” from Goddamnit
The Get Up Kids - “Holiday” from Something to Write Home About
The Ataris - “San Dimas High School Football Rules” from Blue Skies, Broken Hearts…Next 12 Exits
“I swear I’d treat you like a queen.”
Johnny Cash - “God’s Gonna Cut You Down” from American V: A Hundred Highways
This song is in the trailer for True Grit, which was a perfect song choice.
Motion City Soundtrack - “Last Night” from Even If It Kills Me
RX Bandits - “Status” from Progress
The one song I will never skip if it comes up on shuffle. Ever.
Saves the Day - “Bye Bye Baby” from Under the Boards
“I’ll love you from afar, and that is all. You know as well as I we’re both alone.”
One of my all-time favorite Saves the Day songs. Also, one of their most upbeat.